Cost per meal: $3
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Here’s a healthy lunch meal prep idea that I came up with from a Singapore style Zoodle recipe I made for dinner a couple times. My husband loved it, and my daughter said it was better than Panda Express….Until I told her it was zucchini noodles 😉
For this recipe you’ll need a spiralizer. I purchased mine off of Amazon, as well as the meal prep boxes that you see here. You will also need some hoisin and soy sauce packets. You can buy the pre packaged kind, or make your own and put them into small condiment containers.
For the sides, I used carrots with hummus, a boiled egg, and a cheese stick. But you can put in whatever floats your boat! This meal is a great option for those of you that are tired of eating out, don’t have time during the week to pack your lunches, or just want to eat healthier.
Meal Prep Asian Zoodles with Ginger Turkey Meatballs
1 lb ground turkey
1/2 cup Panko
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 Tsp soy sauce
1 Tbsp ground ginger (or 2Tbsp fresh grated ginger)
1 Tbsp hoisin
2 red bell pepper
1 head broccoli, washed and chopped in halves
1 Tbsp soy sauce
4 Tbsp Hoisin Sauce
4 Tbsp Soy Sauce
1 Tbsp Ground Ginger
1) Slice red bell pepper lengthwise into very thin strips. Place on a sprayed cookie sheet. Add broccoli. Sprinkle soy sauce over and Broil on low for 10 minutes. Remove from tray, place in a separate bowl and refrigerate in the meantime.
2) Next preheat oven to 375°F. Mix together all meatball ingredients. Roll into 1.5 Tbsp balls. Spread out evenly on a sprayed cookie sheet. Bake for 20 minutes, or until cooked through. Remove from heat, transfer to a bowl and refrigerate in the meantime.
3) Time to spiralize the zucchini! I like to Spiralize one at a time, then place in the large compartment of the meal prep box. You might need to squeeze it all into the compartment, but it reduces down when cooked so you’ll want to stuff as much in as possible.
4) Next add the bell pepper and broccoli in the zucchini compartment. Place 3-4 meatballs in one of the smaller compartments, and your optional sides in the last compartment.
5) Slice up the lemon into 5 parts and place a wedge in each container. Mix all sauce ingredients and divide into 5 small condiment containers. Tuck condiment container into zucchini compartment.
6) To eat, add all the stirfry veggies on a plate with the meatballs, pour sauce over everything, and heat for 2 minutes in the microwave. Stir then microwave for additional 2-3 minutes. Sprinkle lemon over and enjoy!
For this recipe, you can also add other veggies, such as spiralized carrots (if you aren’t using them as a side), mushrooms, snap peas, bean sprouts, etc. You can also get larger boxes and add more zucchini for those with a larger appetite.